Monday, May 19, 2008

Saints, Sunshine and Cycling

Gee! it has been 5 days since i last published, much has transpired. I attended to two events with my volunteer situation. Both were fruitful. I have been cycling since obtaining 'my red bike', and getting out when the days have been sunny. There were a couple of days of cool weather, cloudy and raining. Good for the flowers, but not for my need to just ride and have some solitude flying up hills and down dales. I love the wind blowing against me, i imagine the Holy Spirit blowing off the crud of negativity in some life experiences that we are currently facing.
I watch the advancement of the flowering bushes, and the receding of the spring flowers who take their turns appearing for their short time given to them to bring all Creation to full blossom, and honoring our great Creator!
Pentecost has come gone, then Holy Trinity Sunday. The Liturgical season is just flooding my heart with grace and images. Many great homilists dishing up thoughts to ponder, and assist in advancing in our spiritual walk.
Had the privilege of giving a short talk on the great Penitent of the Third Order of St. Francis.
St. Margaret Cortona holds the name of 'the Magdela of the Seraphic Order'. One can surely rely on her for intercession for spiritual healing, and imitate her great contrition of personal sin.

Words of Our Lord to St. Margaret of Cortona

"Thou art the third light in the Order of my beloved, Francis. He was the first among the Friars Minor, Clare was the second light among the nuns; thou shalt be the third, in the Order of Penance.

No comments: