Sunday, May 11, 2008

Solemnity of Pentecost!!

Holy Spirit Tension Prayer
Come, Holy Spirit
replace the tension within me
with Your holy relaxation.
replace the turbulence within me
with Your sacred calm.
replace the anxiety within me
with Your quiet confidence.
replace the fear within me
with Your strong faith.
replace the bitterness within me
with Your sweet grace.
replace the darkness within me
with Your gentle light.
replace the coldness within me
with Your loving warmth.
replace the night within me
with Your Light.
replace the winter within me
with Your Spring.

Straighten my crookedness.
Fill my emptiness.
Dull the edge of my pride.
Sharpen the edge of my humility.
Light the fires of my love.
Quench the flames of my lust.
Let me see myself as You see me
That I may see You
as You have promised, for
"Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God," Mt. 5:8. "

Lord send your consoling Spirit into Your Church.

No comments: