Friday, May 30, 2008

Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Extracted from EWTN.com- Devotionals
There are two things that must always be found together in the devotion to the Sacred Heart: Christ's Heart of flesh and Christ's love for us. True devotion to the Sacred Heart means devotion to the Divine Heart of Christ insofar as His Heart represents and recalls His Love for us.
The Church approved the devotion on its own merits. There is only one Person in Jesus, and that Person was at the same time God and Man. His Heart, too, is Divine--it is the Heart of God.
This love of Christ for us was the moving force of all he did and suffered for us--in Nazareth, on the Cross, in giving Himself in the Blessed Sacrament, in His teaching and healing, in His praying and working. When we speak of the Sacred Heart, we mean Jesus showing us His heart, Jesus all love for us and all lovable.

Evening Prayer 1
Ant. 1 God has loved us with an everlasting love; therefore, when he was lifted up from the earth, in his mercy he drew us to his heart.


Morning Prayer
Ant. 1 Jesus stood and cried out: if anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.

Ant. 2 Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Ant.3 My son, give me your heart; and note carefully the way I point out to you.


Father, we rejoice in the gifts of love
we have received from the heart of Jesus your Son,
Open our hearts to share his life and continue to bless us with his love.

On a personal note, I was burdened in my heart this week in a relationship, and took it to prayer this past Wed. at a Healing Mass, and was prayed with by one of the priests attending. It has been lifted thanks be to God on this day the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Thank you, Sacred Heart of Jesus. Thank you, as I continue to trust in your great love for me and all mankind. Lord, thank you for healing my heart which was laden for a few weeks and on Wednesday past, only to healed this Friday.

Thank you for the reconcilation that has taken place, thank you for your personal, deep love for me. I am grateful for the homilist today and the sharings he had to offer on the 'fleshly' heart of Jesus as a physical person, and the 'spiritual' heart of God, who loves with a deep, abiding Love.

No comments: