Saturday, May 3, 2008

Built on the Foundations of the Apostles

I first want to say something again about words, from a previous blog, maybe the initial one.
Words form prayers and our prayers bring us insight to the Will of God, his desires for us. Words (prayers) for strength, peace, grace to live our Christian calling.
Today the feast of the Apostles, Phillip & James, thank God for these 'two living stones.' Abit exhausted from two days of my Volunteer situation & travelling some distances, I slept past 9AMMass, but recalled my friend was going to her grandson's 1st Holy Communion & Confirmation.
After a quick call, I attended the 1130 AM Mass of our parish. What a blessing today, always learning new things about the Church. One young boy, J-A Tarcisius S. (his new confirmation name) received Our Lord today & was confirmed. As I looked over the program I was reading the names chosen for confirmation, Tarcisius was different & unheard of by this blogger who celebrates his forty-ninth anniversary of receiving Jesus in the gift of the Holy Eucharist as a convert to the Church at about 18yrs. of age( I was flooded with memories, of my 1st Communion of course).
At the reception, I asked about Tarcisius & was informed by J-A that the saint is the Patron of First Communicants, and he chose it from a book of saints as he had died guarding the Blessed Sacrament on his way to be given to local prisoners. For the rest of the story I am including further reading at these websites. O' Blessed reading...He is not in the Roman Calendar but is in the book of Roman Martyrs.
www.catholictradition.org/children/truestories3.htm and www.ainglkiss.com/saints/tar.htm
Hope these addresses work for you if not leave a comment for correction or do a 'search'.
O St. Tarcisius pray for all 1st Holy Communicants during this month & always!!

1 comment:

johnnycatholic said...

Neat! Missed you at TOR yesterday. Those guy's have a joy that is palpable and it rubs off! I love being around them!