Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 7 of Novena St. Anthony of Padua

O renowned champion of the faith of Christ, most holy St. Anthony, glorious for your many miracles, obtain for me from the bounty of my Lord and God the grace which I ardently seek in this Novena, and intercede for the strength of families and the protection of children.

Pray for Johnathon and Danielle.


Mass Readings of Today
1Kings 17:7-16 "The jar of flour shall not empty, nor the jug of oil run dry, until the day when the Lord sends rain upon the earth."

Psalm 4 You put gladness into my heart, more than when grain and wine abound.

Communion Antiphon
I can rely on the Lord; I can always turn to him for shelter. It was he who gave me my freedom. My God, you are always there to help me! (Ps 18:2)

Meditation Snippets - The Word Among Us magazine- today's meditation.
Quote- God does come through for us in amazing ways. Just when we've come to the end of our own resources, we begin to see the boundless generosity of our heavenly Father---and we are brought to our knees in praise and worship.
Sometimes it may not be easy--but it's usually when obedience is the hardest that He blesses us the most. Indeed, we can never outgive God!

Personally, when I was in a situation of giving to others and it was hurting , I was learning to exercise 'wings of faith' and trust in Him, God came through and from that lesson I learned that you cannot outgive God and He will reward you for the giving if the heart is truly giving out of love and expecting nothing in return. Resources were given to help advance a person who owned a Christian book store and those resources aided in putting up more shelves to display more books, she eventually sold more and was able to move her store to another location which was geographically more profitable and successful. It required listening to God, being obedient and acting upon the word from the Lord. Just as Elijah listened and obeyed in the Scripture readings of the Mass for today.

Prayer-- "Lord, I want to give you more. Open my heart and my hands to the needs of others, and bless my efforts according to the riches of your glory."

No comments: